Download Barotrauma Pre-Alpha v0.8.2.2
Version: v0.8.2.2 Release Date: 11/20/2018
- Fixed clients not seeing explosions from items that explode on impact or when their condition reaches zero.
- Fixed conditionals being ignored on delayed status effects.
- Fixed clients staying in an unsynced state if they rejoin while their character is dead or unconscious, causing the camera not to follow the character and preventing the player from giving up.
- Fixed LightComponent sprites and broken device sprites not being mirrored in mirrored subs.
- Fixed a few ragdoll animation bugs that caused “attempted to move pulljoint anchor extremely far” errors.
- Fixed AI characters (most often mantises) being able to attack through walls.
- Fixed alien ruins occasionally overlapping with each other or being above the upper boundary of the level.
- Docking ports automatically stretch the hulls between them to cover the area between the docked subs.Otherwise there may be areas uncovered by hulls if the docking port is positioned slightly outside the extents of the submarine’s hulls, causing characters to implode or get thrown back when they try to pass from sub to another.
- Fixed client-side docking ports creating duplicate bodies on doors, causing characters to collide with an invisible door when trying to move between docked subs (until the server forces them through it).
- Fixed characters occasionally getting teleported outside the sub for a few frames when moving between docked subs.
- Fixed status effects that deplete oxygen affecting characters that don’t need air to breathe.
- More error logging to diagnose syncing errors.
- Melee weapons can only hit one character per swing (makes stun batons and medical syringes less OP).
- Option to make RegEx component only send a signal when it receives a signal (not continuously according to the last received signal).
- Added FalseOutput property to RegEx components.
– Husks or huskified humans don’t gain health by attacking corpses.
– Fixed dragged characters occasionally getting launched away at a high speed when moving from sub to
– Fixed dragged characters staying floating mid-air after they’ve been dragged up/down ladders.
– Attempt to fix items occasionally dropping client-side when moving them from an inventory to another.
– Fixed incorrect rotation of welding tools and other 2-handed items that are held in one hand when not
aiming. The items were rotated according to the left hand, but positioned on the right hand.
– Spaces and exclamation marks are allowed in client names by default.
– Hitscan weapons like the revolver can hit targets outside the sub when firing from the inside and
– Fixed crashing when attempting to clone linked submarines in the sub editor.
– Fixed crashing when attempting to clone items with non-default required items.
– Fixed autopilot being unable to navigate to the destination in mirrored levels.
– Ragdolls can’t be dragged through walls or other colliders.
– Dropped flashlights don’t consume and battery and turn off automatically.
– Added a server setting for selecting which symbols are allowed in client names (see
AllowedClientNameChars in the server settings file).
– Custom servers can modify all editable item properties mid-round, not just in-game editable ones.
– Clients can be given access to server logs.
– Respawn durations can be changed mid-round.
– Servers have the option to disable the disguise feature.
– Increased midround syncing timeout.
– Levels are mirrored when travelling through the backwards in the campaign mode.
– Added colliders to railguns (so they cannot go through walls or enemy subs anymore).
– Melee weapons can hit multiple targets on one swing. Fixes weapons occasionally not hitting
the target in tight spaces due to touching the ceiling/walls first.
– The voltage required for a PowerTransfer item to take damage and the probability for a fire can be
configured in the item xmls.
– Docking ports and hatches aren’t damaged by excess voltage.
– Added more color variants of wires.
– Characters point the harpoon gun down when not aiming.
– Added parameter autocompletion to the kill command.
– Added a property that can be used to lock connection panels but still keep the panel rewireable
in the submarine editor.
– Items outside the sub cannot be deattached from walls.
– Fabricators show the list of required items even if the character does not have the skills to craft
– Fixed file transfers failing if the client disconnects during an active transfer, rejoins and
attempts to receive the same file.
– Fixed a bug in door syncing that caused the door states to differ between the server and clients
in some subs with more complex door wiring setups.
– Fixed clients being able to spam kick votes (duplicate votes were not counted but caused unnecessary
chat messages to be sent).
– Fixed item conditions occasionally not matching exactly between the server and clients, causing
issues such as not clients not being able to fabricate items due to the condition being slightly
below the minimum condition at their end.
– Added a workaround to a MonoGame bug that makes the screen turn white when alt-tabbing out of fullscreen.
– Fixed docking ports flooding for no reason in some custom subs.
– Fixed LightComponents staying active on broken items.
– Fixed railguns and depth charge tubes being directly usable by characters (= they could be launched
simply by selecting them and left clicking, without the need to use a railgun controller).
– Fixed items salvaged from ruins not being saved in the campaign mode.
– Fixed LOS effect being brighter than the ambient light in some of the darker levels, causing
the player to see obstructed areas better than unobstructed ones.
– Fixed severed limbs staying disabled when a dismembered character is revived using console commands.
– Fixed characters holding non-aimable two-handed items such as railgun shells in one hand when aiming.
– Fixed stereo sounds not being loaded correctly.
– Fixed modified sprite colors not working correctly on worn items.
– Fixed modified maximum recharge speeds of PowerContainers resetting to the default value after
saving and reloading.
– Fixed handcuffed players being able to perform CPR and grab/drag bodies.
– Fixed diving suit’s damage modifiers being bypassed if the character gets hit in the waist.
– Fixed clown costumes not hiding the torso of the wearer.
– Fixed connectionpanel syncing (wires dropping client-side during rewiring).
– Characters stay alive for 30 seconds after a client disconnects, and if the client rejoins during that
time they regain control of the character.
– Changing the sprite color of an item also affects the color when the item is being worn.
– Cloned items keep the value of the “required items” field of the original item.
– Fixed crashes caused by gaps that are not connected to anything.
– Removed the unused and non-functional monitor item.
– Made medical and toxic cabinets waterproof (= potassium and other water-sensitive items inside them
are not affected by water).
– Fixed docking ports causing flooding in some custom subs.
– Fixed medical items with an immediate effect (such as calyxanide) not working when a player uses them
on themselves in multiplayer.
– Made calyxanide more effective and usable without a medical syringe.
– Fixed engines trying to apply infinite force to the submarine if MinVoltage is set to zero.
– Fixed levels resetting their mission to the previous one if the game is exited after completing a mission
without selecting the level first.
– More error logging to diagnose “unknown object header” errors.
– Fixed output inventory of fabricators and deconstructors not being synced between clients.
– Fixed servers failing to write network events for wires with an excessive number of nodes, causing
clients to get kicked due to desync.
– Fixed client-side error messages when respawning without a respawn shuttle.
– Fixed some issues in inventory and connection panel syncing when joining mid-round.
– Fixed fabricated items always appearing to be in full condition client-side (e.g. oxygen tanks which
should be empty after being fabricated).
– Fixed attachable items dropping on the ground client-side when deattaching them (but still staying
in the inventory of the character detaching them).
– Fixed items occasionally dropping instead of being moved to another inventory client-side.
– The “traitorlist” command is usable by clients who have the permission to use it.
– Fixed characters occasionally going inside/through obstacle when leaving a submarine that’s right
next to another submarine or a level wall.
– More physics error checks and logging.
– Railgun controllers can be used over wifi components.
– Characters attach items to the walls at the position of their hand, not at the center of the body.
– Wifi components can’t communicate with the enemy sub in combat missions.
– Fixed the previously selected location staying selected but start button staying disabled when
returning to the lobby screen in the single player campaign. Made it impossible to progress without
restarting if there were no other selectable locations.
– Fixed holdable components reverting their RequiredItems back to the prefab values during loading.
– Fixed wall-attached sections of a wire not rendering when the item is being rewired outside the sub.
– Fixed artifacts occasionally spawning under the sea floor.
– Fixed bugs in wall hole creation logic and docking port syncing which caused entity ID mismatches and
“unknown object header” errors.
– Fixed errors when attempting to buy too many items of a given type to fit in one container.
– Fixed crashing when attempting to buy items that don’t spawn in a container.
– Fixed crashing when attempting to generate hulls with the “autohull” command when there are no walls
or doors in the sub.
– Fixed docking ports creating duplicate hulls and gaps during loading.
– Fixed missions resetting to the initial ones when loading a campaign.
– Increased revolver ammo capacity.
– Fires can break oxygen generators.
– Oxygenite tanks can be contained in plasma cutters and oxygen generators.
– Fixed a bug in docking port syncing that caused entity ID mismatches and “unknown object header” errors.
– Fixed a bug that occasionally caused entity ID mismatches and “unknown object header” errors when
a respawn shuttle got damaged before returning back to the starting location.
– Fixed error messages when attempting to use the console commands “\” or “\n”.
– Fixed clients not syncing the position of their controlled character with the server when dead/unconscious.
– Fixed swimming ragdolls “dropping down” if the server freezes them due to a connection error.
– Fixed excessive “attempted to apply invalid velocity to a physics body” console errors.
– Fixed crashing when selecting a level seed that has no background portrait defined.
– Fixed crashing if the player clicks yes on the “download sub from the server” prompt after
returning to the main menu.
– Fixed “invalid cursor position” errors when a client attempts to use console commands in the server lobby.
– Fixed crashing if a character takes damage during the first frame of a round.
– Fixed crashing if suitable prop items are not found when generating alien ruins.
– Some ragdoll and physics optimization.
– More automatic error logging to help with debugging.
– Fixed errors when attempting to change the output type of an oscillator in multiplayer.
– Campaign store menu includes a quantity field which lets the player select how many items to buy instead
of showing each item individually.
– Fixed clients not seeing vote counts on submarines that the client doesn’t have.
– Fixed crashing if a player attempts to use an item on themselves and the item has a status effect that
causes the item to be removed.
– Fixed crashes when trying to load submarines in the sub editor.
– Fixed a memory leak in submarine preview images which caused crashes in the server lobby screen and
– Fixed clients not seeing the “vote to end the round” tickbox if they don’t have a character assigned to
them (despite the server allowing voting if the client has had a character earlier during the round).
– Fixed clients being able to crash servers if they had the permission to use console commands that
use the position of the client’s cursor.
– Fixed crashing if a wire is used by a statuseffect (for example if a detonator tries to trigger a wire
contained inside it).
– Fixed GameAnalytics being stopped if the dedicated server is restarted with the “restart” console command.-
– Fixed wiring items outside the submarine.
– Fixed chatbox discarding the second chat message instead of the first one when the maximum number of
chat messages is reached.
– Some error checking and debug logging to diagnose and prevent a crash caused by doors pushing characters away.
– The spawnitem command doesn’t require multi-word item names to be surrounded with quotes anymore.
– Added the option to make powered items immune to electromagnetic pulses.
– Added the option to automatically send crash reports and anonymous usage statistics to the developers.
The usage statistics include information such as the selected game mode, selected submarine, causes of
death and mission outcomes. When the game is started for the first time, a message box prompts you to
select whether you want to send the information or not.
– Fixed a bug that caused clients to get desynced when purchasing items in the multiplayer campaign.
– Added a signal component that adds the received signals together.
– Devices outside the submarine can be rewired in-game (not just in the sub editor).
– Fixed a crash caused by vision obstruction logic.
– Fixed clients being unable to give non-permanent or range bans.
– Clients are allowed to vote to end the round if they have spawned at some point during the round,
even if the character they controlled doesn’t exist anymore.
– Dedicated servers can give clients the permission to use console commands that aren’t available in
for dedicated server (e.g. los, lights, control)
– Banip, banid & kickid commands can be used by clients now (if they have the permission to do so).
– Spawnitem [item] inventory, ragdoll and kill commands target the character of the client using
the command instead of the host’s character.
– Spawnitem can be used to spawn items in the inventory of a specific character.
– Fixed explosions with an EMP value only damaging reactors (when they should only ignore reactors).
– Fire can only explode oxygen tanks that are >25% full (otherwise the condition of the tank just drops
to 0). Prevents infinite explosions when an oxygen generator is on fire with oxygen tanks inside.
– Fixed projectiles with a damage range of 0 not applying their structuredamage value to structures.
– Items with a physics body can be used as pumps, so now it’s possible to make portable items that remove
water from inside the sub.
– Fixed traitor ratio setting being ignored and the minimum number of traitors being 2.
– Fixed crashes caused by custom characters with no AI configuration.
– Character head and gender settings are saved.
– Fixed clients getting assigned random jobs regardless of job preferences.
– Fixed server-side crashes during job assignment if a client hasn’t sent any job preferences.
– Fixed crashing if the selected respawn shuttle doesn’t have a navigation terminal or any other item
with a Steering component.
– Fixed InWater status effects triggering when an item is fabricated, causing issues such as
water-sensitive items to breaking/exploding immediately after being fabricated.
– Fixed motion sensors sending out signals even if the output is set to nothing.
– Fixed crashing when a round starts if the sub has been saved while a fabricator was running.
– Fixed explosives not detonating inside railgun shells.
– Fixed characters spawning inside the respawn shuttle if no suitable spawnpoint is found inside the
– Fixed a timing bug in the dedicated server which prevented clients from ever timing out, AI characters
from fixing leaks and reactor usage from being logged.
– Changed the format of the server log filenames to make them more easily sortable.
– Increased assistant’s skill levels.
– Added oxygenite tanks.
– Added a rearward facing variant of railgun controller.
– Added railgun loader variants with 1 shell capacity.
– Added railgun shell rack.
– Decreased the skill level requirements for fixing docking ports.
– Fixed medicines not having an effect when injected with a medical syringe.
– Fixed explosives going off when a character holds them in their hand and left clicks, causing a crash
if done in the submarine editor.
– Added searchlights.
– Explosives, chemicals and medical items disappear when their condition falls to 0
(i.e. when they’re fully used).
– Railguns cannot be fired when not being aimed.
– Removed the need for batteries in diving suits. The light stays on as long as the suit is worn
by a living character.
– Junction boxes only take damage underwater when they’re powered up.
– Fixed a bug that occasionally caused some characters to not be removed at the end of a round, causing
various bugs and crashes on successive rounds (the most common ones being server-side crashes and
constant “attempted to access a potentially removed ragdoll” console errors).
– Fixed camera shake continuing indefinitely if a character falls unconscious due to impact damage.
– Fixed item removal by right clicking not being synced with clients.
– Fixed being able to gain karma by welding fixed walls.
– Fixed crashing caused by IndoorSteeringManager.
– Fixed all loose items disappearing from respawn subs between respawns.
– Fixed items in cloned/copypasted inventories not being saved.
– Option to edit structure texture scales and offsets.
– Fixed new log messages appearing in the server log even if the type of message has been filtered out.
– Fixed the EndRound music clip occasionally looping forever after a round ends.
– Fixed player-controlled creatures being able to damage themselves.
– Fixed repair tools causing damage to the user regardless of the character’s skills.
– Attempt to fix characters occasionally getting launched out of the sub at lightspeed when the sub
crashes into something.
– Fixed StatusEffects not working on child ItemComponents.
– Wearables apply OnWearing StatusEffects in all the components of an item, not just the Wearable component.
– Fixed Equals/NotEquals conditional comparisons.
– Added console commands for giving the clients ranks, showing their current permissions and
giving/revoking the permission to use specific console commands.
– Option to set an automatic ban duration for vote kicked players.
– Option to log debug console output into a text file.
– Ladders can be climbed by holding up/down while standing next to them without having to select them first.
– Name tags and healthbars are clamped inside the room a character is inside.
– Optimized (and less glitchy) line of sight effect.
– Some lighting optimization.
– Added a light to diving suits.
– Attempting to equip an item by double-clicking when another item is already equipped swaps them.
– Syringes are recolored according to the color of the medical item inside them.
– Added a console command for changing the server password.
– Bunch of fixes to relay component logic.
– Fixed a bug in the entity event system that caused “trying to read past buffer size” errors and desync
when entities were removed mid-round.
– Fixed clients getting desynced if the server ends a campaign and starts a new one.
– Fixed the “campaign view” button staying visible in the server lobby after the campaign has ended.
– Fixed message boxes appearing behind the campaign setup menu in the server lobby.
– Fixed round summaries always showing the game over text in multiplayer if the submarine didn’t progress
to the next location.
– Fixed missing spark particles when welding/cutting a wall.
– Fixed plasma cutters not affecting hatches, alien doors or duct blocks.
– Fixed welders and cutters not doing damage to characters if the flame hits the collider of the character
instead of a limb.
– Fixed diving mask, headsets and other headgear being rendered in front of diving suits.
– Fixed crashing when attempting to perform CPR on a headless character or AS a headless character.
– Fixed attachable items being deattachable with the select key instead of the use key.
– Fixed clients being unable to open doors with crowbars.
– Fixed items attached mid-round by other clients or the host being impossible to interact with
and occasionally being attached to an incorrect position.
– Fixed batteries not getting recharged in charging docks.
– Fixed monsters being able to spawn under the ocean floor in levels where the floor is high up.
– Fixed effects of the medical items not being stackable, meaning that successive usages of a medicine
did not have an effect until the effect of the first dose has worn off.
– Fixed items in itemcontainers (e.g. shells in railgun loaders, batteries in recharging docks) always
being rendered with the default sprite color.
– Fixed crashing when clicking the “refreshing server list” text in the server list menu.
– Fixed dedicated servers not resetting votes when a round ends.
– Fixed interaction areas of some items being incorrect in the dedicated server.
– Fixed the removal of items that get deleted after being used not being synced.
– Ladder waypoint generation fix: waypoints are not just placed at the top and bottom of the ladders,
but above every platform along the ladders (-> waypoints work correctly on ladders spanning through
– Fixed “an item with the same key has already been added” exceptions when trying to start a server.
– Another attempt to fix relay components: it should be now possible to use relays in series and pass
power to junction boxes through relays.
– Fixed creature disabling in server settings only taking character config files in the Content/Character
folder into account.
– Added ruin structure, particle and decal configuration files to content packages.
– Doors can be opened with crowbars again.
– Improved fire extinguisher aiming logic which makes it much easier to put out fires.
– Fixed relays burning out when connected to a power grid that carries more power the relay can transfer.
– Fixed crashing when trying to store jumpsuits in themselves.
– Fixed “Text FabricatorRequiredCondition not found” errors when attempting to fabricate specific items.
– Fixed Linux and Windows builds calculating different MD5 hashes for the same content packages.
– Sound configuration files are included in content packages.
– Fixed “file not found” errors when a character is wearing footwear with no configured footstep sounds.
– MODDERS PLEASE NOTE: hit sounds on limbs and wearable items must now use tags instead of direct paths
to the sound file. New sound files and tags can be added by editing the sound configuration files.
– Fixed crashing when creating items with a PowerTransfer component mid-round (e.g. when fabricating
a relay component)
– Fixed dead/spectator chatting in multiplayer.
– Chatboxes can be deselected with the chat hotkey again.
– Fixed railgun shells not detonating their contents on impact.
– Fixed clients failing to start a new round after downloading a missing submarine file from the server.
– Fixed ruin doors and hatches being possible to open with the select key.
– Unequipped headsets can’t be used and don’t consume batteries.
– Fixed depth charge tubes launching the depth charges up by default.
– Fixed some pre-placed items not appearing in mirrored subs in the combat missions.
– Fixed text overflows in round summaries with large amounts of text.
– Fixed crashing when attempting to save settings before player name has been set in the server list menu.
– Made ambient lighting much darker and added a subtle glow around the player.
– Made partially damaged walls leak much more slowly.
– Nerfed wall damage. Crawlers, mantises, threshers and coelanths now take much more time to tear through
the hull and collisions with the level cause less damage.
– Moved a bunch of hard-coded texts to an xml file “Content/Texts.xml”. Full translation support is still
in progress, but now it should be possible to translate most of the in-game texts without recompiling the game.
– Optimized rendering.
– More accurate endworm attack hit detection.
– Players can only see the names of characters that are in their field of view.
– Fixed submarines bouncing off monsters and other submarines that are laying against the ocean floor.
– Characters can be crushed between submarines and ice walls.
– Item names can be changed without breaking everything as long as the original name is included as an
alias of the item.
– Console command arguments can be autocompleted by hitting tab.
– Added a console command for automatic hull generation.
– Added a console command for killing a character.
– FPS counter can be enabled separately from DebugDraw.
– Option to display lighting in the submarine editor.
– Added a submarine preview window that displays a preview image and some extra information of the subs.
– Option to configure which content packages a submarine is compatible with.
– Names and health bars fade out when the cursor is not being hovered near the character.
– Added spark and smoke particle effects when welding or cutting something.
– Welding or cutting a door displays its health.
– Added a button for forcing the controlled character into ragdoll mode.
– Option to grab onto the torso of a dead/unconscious character.
– Dead/unconscious characters can be dragged up ladders.
– Improved CPR animations.
– Doing CPR on bleeding characters causes them to take damage.
– Characters can fall through holes in floors.
– Players can pick up corpses and eat them when controlling a monster.
– Husks don’t attack huskified humans.
– Characters with severed limbs cannot be resurrected as a husk.
– The humanhusk.xml config file is found based on the name instead of the file path, making it possible
to use a custom config file without modifying the original one.
– More footstep sound variety.
– More gore particles!
– Added a conditional system to status effects. Allows creating status effects that only have an effect
when a specific condition is met (e.g. health above a specific level, charge of an item high enough).
– Option to prevent status effects from stacking.
– Option to make status effects cancel other status effects.
– Added syringe guns and a bunch of new chemicals.
– Added ducts, switches and motion detectors.
– Added crowbars (can be used to open locked doors).
– Chemicals and explosives can be thrown.
– Made more items craftable and deconstructable.
– Added sprites for broken doors, hatches and junction boxes.
– Health Scanner HUD displays causes of death.
– Health Scanner HUD only shows the status of the visible character that the cursor is closest to
prevent multiple characters from cluttering the screen
– Added “smallitem” tag to revolver rounds (can be placed in cabinets and pockets now).
– Option to determine which types of targets a projectile can stick to.
– Improved revolver hitscan logic.
– Item descriptions can be changed in the submarine editor.
– Characters can hold flashlights in their mouths.
– Added an inventory slot for ID cards.
– If a character is wearing an item that obscures their face, the game will either hide their name or
show the name that’s in the ID card the character is wearing.
– The owner of an ID card is stated in the description of the card.
– Fabricating items requires the ingredients to have a specific minimum condition (can’t use
already-used consumables to craft something).
– Deconstructing an item that’s not in a full condition may prevent some deconstruction products from appearing.
– Optimized electricity/signal logic.
– Grenades can be triggered by detonators.
– Bought cargo spawns in containers instead of being scattered across the floor.
– Players can’t use other items when a railgun controller is selected. Prevents accidentally firing
weapons or hitting people with something while using the railguns.
– Item editing menus display color values as 0-255 instead of 0-1.
– Reactor temperature has to be critical for 30 seconds before the reactor explodes, giving the crew
more time to deal with griefers or incompetent reactor operators. The reactors also have an output
connection that sends out a signal when the temperature is critical.
– Added an optional “karma system”. Harming other players, damaging structures and blowing up the reactor
reduces karma, while repairing things causes it to increase. A too low karma level prevents the players
from choosing specific jobs
– Clients can be given permission to use specific console commands.
– Client permission presets: the clients can be assigned as moderators or admins which have specific
pre-configured permissions. New presets can be added by editing Data/permissionpresets.xml.
– Option to have more than one traitor. Traitors also now get a set of code words that can be used to
secretly identify other traitors.
– Added an option to make players spawn directly in the main submarine instead of the respawn shuttle.
– Keybinds are disabled when the chatbox is active. Now it’s possible to use normal letter/number keys
as the chat hotkey without accidentally deselecting the chatbox by typing a message.
– Chat hotkey can also be used in the server lobby.
– Added a [PM] tag to private chat messages.
– Fixed game over/round end music not playing when a round ends.
– Cutting and repairing walls is included in server logs.
– Fixed clients getting disconnected due to desync when a new monster is spawned mid-round by
a repeating monster event.
– Fixed modified clients being able to chat while unconscious due to the lack of server-side checks.
– Fixed modified clients being able to disconnect locked wires due to the lack of server-side checks.
– Fixed chat messages being assigned to the wrong sender when their bodies have been eaten.
– Fixed crashing when setting a server filter while the game is refreshing the server list.
– Fixed wires not being dropped server-side when a player drops a connected wire without dragging it
to their inventory first.
– Fixed 5th server being impossible to select in the server list.
– Improvements to character position syncing.
– Re-enabled logic for preventing players from using visually similar names.
– Fixed client-side null exception when the client is in the lobby and a round ends with the mission
– Fixed clients being able to votekick/kick/ban themselves in the server lobby.
– Fixed “selected mode” and “mission type” settings not being saved.
– Level seed randomization can be toggled on and off via the debug console.
– Fixed dedicated server not randomizing the submarine or game mode even if randomization is enabled.
– Lighting is forced back on when a client starts a round (-> can’t disable lighting by using the
console command before joining a server).
– Fixed wire connections being lost when copy-pasting in the submarine editor.
– Fixed wire nodes being impossible to select in the wiring mode if the nodes are exactly at the same position.
– Fixed artifact holders being occasionally placed inside ruin doors and hatches.
– Fixed particles in water being drawn under ruin structures, making it seem as if plasma cutters and
welders weren’t working.
– Fixed all ruin structures having a health of 100.
– Fixed OnActive status effects not being applied on powered items that don’t require any power.
– Fixed damage modifiers being applied multiple times when wearing an item that takes up multiple slots.
Meaning that items such as the diving suit gave the players an excessive protection against damage.
– Messagebox overflow fixes.
– Fixed status effects not being able to decrease stun timers.
– Fixed anti-husk medicine being able to reduce husk infection state after the infection has reached
the active state.
– Fixed monsters being able to spawn right next to the spawnpoint of the sub.
– Fixed hulls not being linked to gaps if the center of the gap is exactly at the edge of the adjacent
– Miscellaneous crew AI fixes.
– Fixes to fast projectiles going through walls.
– Fixed structure damage sounds not being played when a structure is fully destroyed.
– Fixed glass windows using wrong sound effects.
– Fixed carrier’s light falling off when it dies.
– Fixed incorrect positioning of debug console question prompts.
– Fixed being able to use a wrench on multiple items at the same time.
– Fixed double-clicking items in corpses putting them in their hands instead of your own inventory.
– Fixed some level seeds generating a tiny enclosed cave that makes it impossible to reach the destination.
– Fixed opened and broken doors being ignored during waypoint generation, causing waypoint connections
to go through doors which prevented AI characters from opening them.
– Fixed modified structure colors not being cloned.
– Fixed modified wall colors only being visible in the submarine editor.
– Fixed items being dropped when attempting to place them in an itemcontainer slot that’s on a normal
– Fixed stack overflow exceptions caused by signal loops between junction boxes.
– Fixed submarine editor crashing when attempting to use illegal characters in the filename.
– Mouse clicks have to be <10 pixels apart to be considered a double click.
– Fixed subinventory slots going outside the screen when highlighting an item such as a metal crate.
– All creatures all cleared from the tutorial level to prevent any unintended monster attacks.
– Fixed “constructing final path failed” pathfinding errors.
– Fixed particles going through closed gaps (e.g. closed doors).
– Fixed submarines being able to enter ruins.
– Fixed collisions between a sub and the ruins not causing any damage to either the sub or the ruins.
– Whitespace is ignored when calculating MD5 hashes for files.
– Added console commands for modifying client permissions.
– Fixed content package setting not being saved in the settings menu.
– Item pickup sounds are only played when the controlled character picks up an item.
– Removed serverconfig.xml (the dedicated server now uses the same config file as the normal game).
– Updated the vanilla content package to version 0.7.
– Fixed entity linking in the submarine editor.
– Fixed railgun HUD crashing the game if the railgun is linked to an item that does not have an
ItemContainer component (i.e. any item that can’t contain other items).
– Fixed exceptions when the player dies in the tutorial.
– Fixed the start popup saying the host is the target if the host has been selected as the traitor.
– Fixed crashes when attempting to use a railgun controller that’s not connected to anything.
– Fixed autorestart counter overlapping with the campaign map in the server lobby screen.
– Fixed characters receiving damage almost exclusively to their feet when wearing a diving suit.
– Armoring reduces damage by a certain percentage, not a fixed value. Now armor doesn’t make characters
invulnerable to small amounts of damage.
– The effectiveness of different types of armor depends on the type of damage. For example, diving suits
provide fairly good protection against burn and slash damage, but aren’t as affective against blunt damage.
– Fixed light sources attached to limbs not rotating with the limbs.
– Multiplayer campaign mode!
– Added ocean floors and hydrothermal vents.
– The commonness of scripted events (monster & artifact spawns) varies between different level types –
some monsters and artifacts now only spawn in specific types of levels.
– Bunch of new level types.
– Level wall color can be changed in level generation parameters.
– Small caves/tunnels are more common now, and groups of monsters can spawn inside them.
– Added salvage mission variants where the artifact is spawned inside a cave.
– Entities can be nudged with arrow keys.
– Structure sprite colors can be changed.
– Particles that are outside the sub don’t get rendered inside the sub even if they’re overlapping with it.
– The emission rate of particle emitters can be set as particles per second (instead of particles per frame).
– Minor particle optimizations.
– Fixed the “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED” crashes on specific GPUs when the loading reaches 80%.
– Fixed crashes when projectiles stuck to items on dedicated server.
– Fixed a bunch of bugs that caused crashes when a character was removed mid-round (for example when
a character turns into a husk).
– Fixed a bug that occasionally caused swimming creatures to flip around constantly.
– Fixed a bug that caused creatures to be able to sever limb joints that shouldn’t be possible to sever,
causing issues when attempting to sync the positions of the dead bodies.
– Fixed vote count texts persisting in the server lobby after the host disables voting.
– Fixed newly joined clients not receiving the latest voting status until someone votes for something.
– Fixed vote count texts not being updated after a client disconnects and their vote is removed.
– Fixed errors when attempting to save server logs with illegal characters in the server name.
– Fixed AI characters becoming invincible when far enough from the main submarine in multiplayer.
– Fixed AI characters never making any sounds in multiplayer.
– Fixed inability to rebind keys to Mouse2 via the settings menu.
– Fixed destroyed doors being impossible to repair.
– Fixed creatures seeking towards an incorrect position when trying to eat something (causing larger
creatures like threshers and coelanths to swim around the target without ever reaching it).
– Added battery recharge docks.
– Added revolvers (the captain always spawns with one).
– Added oscillators (a signal item that sends out a periodic pulse, a sine wave or a square wave).
– Added “state_out” connections to relay components.
– Added sprites for destroyed doors/hatches.
– Added a HUD that shows the charge of the supercapacitors and the amount of shells left when using
– Inventory slots are be highlighted even if the cursor is within the empty space between them. Now
items can’t be accidentally dropped by releasing the mouse button between the slots.
– Sounds for picking up and dropping items.
– Medical scanner displays husk infections.
– New C4, detonator and grenade sprites.
– Optimizations and minor visual changes to the sonar display.
– Support for hitscan projectiles.
– Fixed ranged weapons launching projectiles with an incorrect rotation.
– The spread of ranged weapons can be adjusted (separate values for normal spread and spread when
the item is being used by a character with an inadequate skill level).
– Heavier harpoon gun recoil and impulse when the spear hits something.
– Improved item editing UI:
– Number input fields for numeric values.
– Separate number input fields for the components of vector values (instead of one text input box)
– Color input fields display a preview of the currently selected color.
– Enum fields are displayed as dropdown menus.
– Flowing water pushes characters around much more heavily.
– Warning texts when water pressure is increasing to dangerous levels and when running out of oxygen.
– Made the damage range of limb attacks configurable (instead of having it always be half of the distance
at which the attack activates) and tweaked the damage ranges of all the creature attacks.
– Option to filter the server list based on a bunch of criteria.
– Added a radio chat hotkey.
– Clients can be given a permission the select the submarine or the game mode.
– Option for clients to spactate the game without respawning (assuming the server allows spectating).
– The range and volume of sounds emitted by StatusEffects can be changed and the sounds can be looped.
– Plasma cutters can cut alien ruins again.
– Fixed reactors staying operational after the fuel rods run out.
– Fixed spawning items at the cursor via the debug console.
– Fixed job assignment logic causing crashes if the maximum amount of players per job has been reached
on the top 3 preferences of a client (which can happen on modded servers that have several jobs with a
– Fixed errors during job assignment if a client or the host is controlling a non-human character.
– The server log menu remembers the state of the filters when toggling it.
– Fixed level generation errors in some specific seeds that caused the game to create ruin walls with
a negative width/height (example seed: cBLgZ2im).
– Fixed a submarine position syncing issue that caused erratic physics behavior on some specific
multi-part subs, because the game only moved one part of the sub and the parts docked to it, not taking
into account that more parts may be docked to the docked parts.
– Handcuffed AI characters can’t climb ladders.
– Fixed crashing when a huskified human is killed by an explosion.
– Added some GPU info to the crash reports and extra debug logging to hopefully diagnose the
SharpDXExceptions during startup.
– Fixed hulls not being rendered in the submarine editor.
– Crouching is synced between the server and the clients.
– Plasma cutters and welding tools ignore platforms and stairs – placing a platform on a wall doesn’t
prevent welding/cutting the wall anymore.
– Using the SetClientCharacter console command forces the client’s line of sight effect back on.
– Fixed null reference exceptions when syncing docking ports that haven’t been docked to anything.
– Fixed invisible diving suits in some of the respawn shuttles (specifically ones where the suits spawn
directly on the floor).
– Dedicated servers can use autorestart.
– Fixed dedicated servers ignoring armor.
– Fixed console messages not appearing in the crash reports if the game crashes during loading.
– Attachable items (buttons, electrical components, etc) are automatically attached to walls when placed
in the submarine editor.
– Fixed crashing if no matching character is found when using the SetClientCharacter console command.
– Fixed wires disconnecting from a connection panel when a player moves any of the wires.
– Tab doesn’t autoselect the chatbox when the debug console is open.
– Fixed missing kick/ban buttons in the crew menu.
– Fixed a bug that caused ID mismatches in the hulls between docking ports. This caused, for example,
mysterious client-side fires around docking ports and “unknown object header” errors.
– Fixed diving suits and masks not providing enough oxygen when in a low-oxygen room or outside the submarine.
– Fixed message boxes being impossible to close in the launcher.
– Dedicated server application.
– Option to supply a reason for banning/kicking a client.
– Option to set a duration for bans.
– Respawning characters get ID card tags for both the shuttle and the main submarine, i.e. they are
able to open shuttle doors that require a specific clearence.
– Clients now get back control of their character if the server revives them using the debug commands.
– Added a console command for changing the character a client is controlling.
– Job preferences don’t reset when quitting the game.
– Added MessageBox chat message type. Allows custom servers to display custom message boxes to the clients.
– Logging when a character throws an item.
– Logging which items are contained inside items characters use on themselves (e.g. which meds are
inside a medical syringe).
– Logging which type of projectile was launched from a railgun and which items were contained inside it.
– More descriptive wiring logging: the logs don’t list all the wires in a connection panel but only
the changes players do to the wiring.
– Some creatures can hunt for smaller creatures (including humans) and eat them.
– Tweaked enemy AI to make their attacks less likely to miss.
– Some creatures flee when their health decreases below a specific threshold.
– Crawlers and mantises can attach to ice walls to “ambush” their prey.
– Enemies don’t always move at a fixed speed, now they move faster when attacking or fleeing.
– Shooting watchers with a ranged weapon makes them attack.
– Split tiger thresher’s and charybdis’ bodies into more parts to make them a bit more agile.
– Option to make monster events spawn more monsters when previous ones are killed.
– The camera zooms further out when controlling a large non-humanoid character.
– Improved item interaction logic: highlighting items is more precise, with items directly under
the cursor taking priority.
– Characters can be dismembered by creatures and explosions.
– New blood particles.
– Blood, explosion and fire decals.
– Added an artifact that attracts creatures.
– Detached buttons and electrical components can be picked up just like any other item, instead of
having to use a wrench and wait for the item to “detach”.
– Wires can’t be connected to detached items.
– Debug commands can be autocompleted using tab.
– Added a debug command for creating explosions.
– Fixed “loading was interrupted due to an error” crashes on startup.
– Fixed “destination array was not long enough” errors in AddToGUIUpdateList.
– Fixed error messages when a character gets stunned for over 60 seconds in multiplayer.
– Characters don’t consume oxygen from rooms when wearing a diving mask or a diving suit.
– Fixed occasionally seeing through walls when swimming outside a submarine.
– Fixed crashes during map generation caused by very large wall cells near the entrance of the level.
– When highlighting a wire in a connection panel, the physical wire and the items connected to it are
– Fixed crashing when selecting a sonar monitor in a submarine with no hulls.
– Fixed submarine/shuttle lists occasionally appearing empty after joining a server.
– Fixed “received a position update for an item with no physics body” errors caused by detaching buttons
or other electrical components from the walls.
– Fixed a bug that caused characters to aim slightly off at the server’s side when using a ranged weapon
or other aimable item.
– Fixed “maximum packet size exceeded” errors when clients join servers.
– Fixed a bug that caused non-interactable checkboxes to always appear unchecked.
– Skill level syncing fix: the syncing isn’t dependent on the order of the characters skills anymore.
– IP addresses are included in all login error messages and the errors are also logged to the debug console.
– Servers end rounds if all players are either dead or unconscious when autorestart is on (instead of
waiting for all players to die)
– Fixed nuclear shells and depth charges exploding immediately when launched.
– Fixed a bug that prevented any broken items from being repaired in the single player.
– Fixed items disappearing from inside copypasted items (e.g. cabinets).
– Added character teleporting console command.
– Readded spam filter.
– Servers log the automatic temperature control setting of nuclear reactors.
– If a client fails to start a round (due to a missing sub file or an error, for example), their character
is automatically killed. This prevents situations where a team can’t win a combat mission due to a
disabled, invisible character in the opposing team.
– Fixed clients occasionally displaying the “crew has been defeated” message immediately after a combat
– Fixed a bunch of bugs in the job assignment logic.
– Fixed errors if attempting to send radio messages without a radio in the inventory.
– Fixed “component doesn’t have a GUIFrame component” errors when selecting an artifact holder.
– Disabled unnecessary server-side message ID logging.
– Option to enable additional network debug logging by enabling verbose logging in config.xml.
Rewritten networking code:
– much more robust syncing logic
– proper authoritative servers (i.e. much more more hack-proof)
– the server can transfer multiple files to a client simultaneously
– having multiple submarines with the same name (but different MD5 hash) in the submarine folder
doesn’t prevent clients from loading the correct one
– server logs can be viewed in the server lobby, not just in-game
– logs can be filtered by message type
– door, docking port and railgun usage are logged
– the in-game log view isn’t cleared when the log is written to a file
– character skill levels are synced
– clients can’t vote multiple times by disconnecting and reconnecting
– new UI graphics
– smoothly scrolling listboxes
– multi-line chat messages don’t overlap
– passive sonar: when not active, the sonar shows nearby sources of sound and a faint outline of the
structures around them. Now it’s much easier to monitor how much noise the submarine is making and to
hide from enemies.
– new sonar visuals
– texts in labels can be resized
– alien weapons can be used as railgun ammo
– nerfed oxygen and welding fuel tank explosions
– buttons created in fabricators work now
– items/structures that have been copy-pasted from another submarine don’t disappear when saving and
loading the sub
– fixed crashes when attempting to load a submarine with no walls
– placing a resizable structure with a height/width of zero is not allowed
– “are you sure” prompt when trying to delete subs
– open menus are closed when opening another one (e.g. the save dialog box is automatically closed if
the item selection menu is opened)
– fixed crashes when switching to character or wiring mode after copypasting waypoints
– background ice formations with a parallax effect
– the level generation algorithm doesn’t place walls behind alien ruins
– improved fire & smoke particles
– water puts out fires more slowly
– explosion damage is reduced if there are walls or other solid obstacles between and explosion and a character
– heal and revive commands can also be used on other characters than the controlled one
– fixed fires occasionally causing incorrect sound clips to loop continuously
– AI controlled crew members are better at avoiding hazards such as water and fire
– swimming animation fix: characters don’t swim with their legs extended up over their shoulders
after a sharp turn
– optimized light rendering
– switched fonts again, now to ones that support the cyrillic alphabet
– special symbols are allowed in player names again (unless there’s already a player on the server
with a visually identical name)
– fixed monsters not appearing in the position indicated by the sonar in monster missions (or being desynced
whenever they did)
– fixed the game process staying active in the background after a crash
– players can’t use headsets that are in the inventory
– the warning message about unlinked vents is only shown once when saving a sub (not for each vent)
– another attempt to fix AddToGUIUpdateList and SetTransformIgnoreContacts errors
– new fonts
– spectators see indicators for both subs during combat missions
– fixed saves becoming corrupted if the player saves and quits in the “map view”
– fixed “OpenAL not found” errors if trying to run the game with no enabled audio devices
– fixed OpenAL errors when quitting a round
– fixed unconscious/dead characters falling through floors
– the server list accepts multiple servers from the same IP (assuming they’re running on different ports)
– fixed autorestart and the start button getting stuck if the server fails to load the respawn shuttle
– fixed server failing to start a round if the cargo spawnpoint has been placed outside the submarine
– fixed AddToGUIUpdateList errors
– fixed SetTransformIgnoreContacts errors
– tickboxes work again in the item UIs in wiring/character mode
– fixed characters standing in an incorrect position when using railgun controllers in a mirrored sub
– spawning a scorpion (an old placeholder enemy) doesn’t crash the game anymore
– submarine editor shows a warning if there are structures/items way outside the sub
– a new enemy
– some new sound effects by Omniary
– some structure-specific damage sounds
– the size of docked subs is taken into account when determining the spawn position of the sub (large
multi-part subs shouldn’t spawn inside walls anymore)
– explosion damage is calculated based on the distance to the closest surface of a limb instead of the
center position of the limb (i.e. large monsters can be damaged by smaller explosions)
– added an Undertow Games splash screen
– updated to a newer version of the NVorbis sound library
– fixed a null reference exception caused by wires
– fixed an issue in the way items in alien ruins are initialized, which occasionally caused ID mismatches
(and desync) in items and characters created after generating the ruins
– fixed some item properties not being saved if changed in the editor (e.g. battery recharge speed)
– fixed characters turning into husks when they die, even if the infection has been cured
– fixed docking ports being disconnected in the mirrored subs in the combat missions
– unconscious characters collide with stairs when they’re being dragged up
– fixed characters sinking/floating away when using railgun controllers underwater
– fixed crashes when removing nodes from a wire (i.e. right clicking with a wire equipped)
– fixed inventory not being drawn in the correct position if switching to a character who’s been
dragged/grabbed by some other character
– fixed wires becoming disconnected when copypasting them
– wire nodes can’t be moved when connecting wires to a connection panel
– fixed repeating crash messageboxes if the game fails to resolve a SharpDX exception on startup
– fixed crashing when switching to wiring mode while editing some value of an item
– fixed keyboard focus staying in textboxes after the textbox has been hidden (for example,
the input fields in the submarine saving prompt)
– fixed error message spam if a docking port is linked to another port in the same sub
– submarine lists in the editor, main menu and server menu are updated when new subs are saved/received
– fixed item editing menu staying on the screen when loading another sub in the editor
– ruins cant span above the top of the level anymore
– the size of the docked subs is taken into account when generating the level
– fixed autorestart timer not resetting at the clients’ end if the server fails to start a shift and
resets the timer
– docked subs are forced to correct positions during loading (subs won’t get stuck inside each other
even if the submarines are slightly overlapping in the editor)
– all sounds are paused when switching to submarine editor
– replaced the solid black color inside ice walls with a proper texture
– the background ice texture loops better
– copypasted items are now correctly aligned to the “grid”
– cabinets can be copypasted from a sub to another without the items inside disappearing
– placing explosives inside an item and that item inside another item doesn’t prevent explosions
– fixed a bug that occasionally caused crashing when the game happens to generate a very small level
– structures/items that are behind something else can be selected using a listbox that appears
when hovering the cursor over them
– wires have to be selected by clicking before any of the points can be moved (makes it possible
to move the correct wire even if it’s overlapping with other wires)
– the selected wire is renderer over all structures
– points can be added to wires by clicking while holding ctrl
– disabled music
– some rendering optimization
– pathfinding and waypoint generation improvements
– made mantises more aggressive
– water flows more slowly through partially damaged walls
– copy, paste and cut functionality
– items/structures can be copied by holding ctrl while dragging
– it’s possible to move a wire by moving both items it’s connected to (without having to move each
individual point of the wire separately)
– “hull volume helper” which makes it easier to select a suitable ballast tank size and
NeutralBallastLevel setting in the navigation terminal
– equipped items are removed when switching from wiring mode to character mode or vice versa
– no need to wait when deattaching items from the walls with a wrench
– wires are now positioned correctly in mirrored subs
– UI elements (buttons, textboxes, etc) can’t be clicked through each other anymore
– fixed a bug that caused crashes when deattaching items from walls
– fixed a game-crashing particle bug
– fixed respawned characters getting assigned to a different team than the rest of the characters
(causing them to be displayed separately in the crew menu)
– pathfinding/autopilot fixes
– server hosts can give players special privileges (kick, ban, end round)
– saving the contents of the server info box and the traitor setting
– changes to battery logic: they can now be used to cover the entire power consumption of the
electrical grid (assuming their maximum output is high enough)
– added “artifact holders” to alien ruins (which can also be used for turning artifacts into power
sources if installed in a sub)
– changes to character collider behavior: crouching changes the size of the collider and it’s
easier to step over small obstacles
– fixed screen turning black in the tutorial
– the moloch attack in the tutorial is now much easier to survive
– servers readd themselves to the master server if they have been removed from the server list
– fixed a bug that caused lights to flicker even if there’s enough power
– fixed items disappearing when dropping them in the submarine editor
– fixed a bug that caused crashes after a husk-infected player died
– disabled the “zoom effect” when under pressure as a huskified human
– only a limited number of messages are kept in the debug console (prevents performance issues if large
amounts of messages are added)
– some item and electricity logic optimization
– fixed “sprite tigerthresher not found” errors in the Linux version
– fixed character colliders occasionally getting stuck inside walls when switching from swimming to
walking or standing up after being unconscious
– wires can be dragged outside the sub in the editor without disconnecting them
– easier to climb over small obstacles
– combat missions don’t reset the “allow respawn” setting
– submarines outside the camera view aren’t rendered
– coelanth collider fix
– fixed monster movement!
– submarine vs submarine missions
– server hosts can disable spawning of certain characters
– server hosts can have subs spawn with additional items
Changes to ragdoll movement/animation logic:
– movement is now controlled by a single invisible physics body which the rest of the ragdoll follows
– character position syncing is now more accurate and there’s less “teleporting”
– characters are less likely to take impact damage by stumbling in stairs
– (+ makes working on the new improved netcode much easier)
– ladders can be slid down by holding the sprint key
– zoom now works relative to the mouse’s position rather than the center of the screen
– fixed selection rectangle not being visible when dragging from bottom right to top left
– rectangles now have line widths dependent on the camera zoom (lines are still visible after zooming out)
– added a particle trail to railgun shells
– added dim emergency lights which require no power
– a “glow effect” when moving items between inventory slots
– option to select which location the autopilot should navigate to
– fabricator UI shows item descriptions and items that can’t be fabricated are grayed out
– attempt to fix “DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE” errors on startup
– fixed water flow sounds taking up all the audio channels and preventing other sounds from playing
when the sub is heavily flooded
– the start button in the server lobby is re-enabled and autorestart countdown is reset if starting
a new round fails for whatever reason
– the colliders of the ice walls match the shape of the walls more accurately
– player-controlled monsters can damage the submarine from the outside
– waypoint generation and pathfinding bugfixes
– improved line of sight effect (instead of a solid black “fog of war”, a faint image of the
surrounding rooms can be seen through walls)
– less ambient light, and it gets darker when diving deeper
– a hull-specific ambient light system: light sources increase the amount of light inside rooms,
preventing shadows from looking unnaturally dark in fully lit submarines
– option to disable vsync
– added a near-indestructible alien ruin wall variant – breaking through the walls with a railgun
or a plasma cutter is not always an option anymore
– added a parallax effect to the particles floating in the ocean
Level generation improvements:
– customizable level generation parameters (see Content/Map/LevelGenerationParameters.xml)
– different “level types” – each uses a different set of parameters, resulting in more varied levels
– more vegetation & other decorative background sprites
– the entrances and exits of the levels have more variety (not always straight vertical tunnels)
Improved MiniMap (now called “Status Monitor”):
– shows hull integrity and oxygen levels
– can be configured to only show oxygen/water levels if the rooms have detectors installed
– improved wall damage visuals
– the single player map shows which locations have been visited and the passageways that have been used
– minor visual improvements to the single player campaign menus
– huskification bugfixes
– oxygen isn’t distributed through gaps or vents that are underwater (i.e. air pockets can form when the
sub is flooding)
– molochs (or other large creatures) can’t push the sub around as easily anymore
– server whitelists
– a new monster
– improved autopilot
– background sprites and creatures can be customized via Content Packages
– Linux clients can connect to Windows servers again (and vice versa)
– fixed the upper boundary of the level occasionally being possible to pass through
– textboxes can’t be selected through other UI elements anymore
– hacked clients can’t join a full server or change the name of their character anymore
– option to choose which character to control using the “control” command when there are multiple
characters/creatures with the same name
– a console command for spawning items
– the server logs show who sent each chat message
– fixed non-password protected servers being impossible to join to
– some more security checks
– getting attacked by a husk will slowly turn the victim into a husk
– spam filter
– added server options to the ingame HUD
– fixed tiger thresher spawning on Linux
– a more secure password authentication method (again)
– ingame players can’t receive messages from lobby players anymore
– more server-side security checks
– medical doctors always have a high enough medical skill to fabricate any drug
– ai-controlled crew can be spawned using the console in multiplayer
– it’s possible to manually attack when controlling a creature
– randomly spawned artifacts are spread out better throughout the level
– characters won’t let go of a person they’re dragging when entering/exiting the sub
– respawned players get the same ID card tags they would’ve gotten if they had spawned inside the main sub
– highlighted characters glow in the dark
– fixed “submarine not found” errors when starting a round after downloading a shuttle from the server
– console command for banning
– a more secure password authentication method
– fixed players with a space in their name being impossible to kick/ban via the console
– banlist is saved immediately after banning someone instead of when shutting down the server
– IP addresses are visible in netstats
– client names are sanitized
– bunch of miscellaneous anti-cheat measures
– fixed docking ports leaking if multiple vessels dock to the main sub
– cargo is always spawned in the main sub even if there are cargo spawnpoints in the docked vessels
– more server-side sanity checks to prevent (desynced or hacking) players from doing things their
characters shouldn’t be able to do
– fixed collision issues at docking ports (such as shooting up in the air when trying to drop down into
a docked shuttle while shuttle hatch is closed)
– fixed crashing when commanding a crew member to use a railgun in the single player mode
– fixed chatbox staying disabled after being stunned (and reappearing when being stunned again)
– selecting the same sub as the respawn shuttle and the main submarine works now
– fixed the ”end round” tickbox not appearing if joining and spawning mid-round
– ruin walls/doors can be cut again
Support for multiple submarines (no full-fledged submarine vs submarine battles yet, but they’re coming
in future updates!):
– Submarine files can be “merged”, i.e. submarines can consist of multiple separate parts which can
be docked into each other
– the multiplayer mode has a “respawn shuttle” which transports respawned players from the entrance
to the main submarine
– parts of the submarine and characters inside them can be left behind in the single player mode
(and later salvaged if you wish to do so)
– fixed a bunch of bugs that caused entity IDs not to match between the clients and the server (which
caused severe syncing issues)
– fixed monster inventory syncing (i.e. husk inventory syncing)
– fixed server description box not being synced with clients
– search bar for server logs
– more server options
– fixed the occasional “queue empty” error messages when attempting to send submarine files to players
– characters can’t be freely named anymore – they’ll have the same name as the client
– items can be equipped/unequipped by double clicking
– longer railgun view distance
– changes to the logic that determines which item is being highlighted – now it’s much easier to
select specific items in cramped subs
– highlighted items glow (so it’s easier to see which item you’re targeting in the dark)
– fixed an electricity bug that sometimes caused parts of the grid to not carry any power after
a junction box has been broken and repaired
– option to choose the output of a signal check component when the signal doesn’t match
– fixed fire extinquishers
– item search bar in the submarine editor
– fixed cargo items spawning in incorrect positions (which occasionally caused some serious problems
if the item happened to be a crate full of nitroglycerin)
– flares burn longer
– fixed flashes from explosions/sparks/flares occasionally ”staying on”
– cameras: can be connected to a railgun controller (or any other selectable controller) to remotely
view rooms or areas around the sub
– the mass of a submarine depends on its size – larger submarines require more force to move around
(custom subs may need some modifications to get the top speeds of the smaller/larger subs back to a
– changes to depth damage logic: structures with more health need more pressure before they start taking
damage (i.e. submarines with thicker walls and no windows can go deeper)
– stunned characters can’t move items in their inventory
– characters can run while grabbing/dragging someone
– fixed a bug that made it impossible to spawn characters through the console in the Linux version
– NPCs won’t close doors/hatches on themselves and are better at handling stairs/ladders
– pathfinding bugfixes
– vote kicking
– fixed reverting back to the first sub on the list after each round when using manual submarine selection
– fixed lights “bleeding” through walls
– fixed crashing if the submarine contains hulls far away from the rest of the submarine
– corricodone is slightly more effective
– battery charge can be set higher than the default capacity of 2000 (assuming the capacity is set higher)
– job assignment bugfixes
– head sprites can be given tags (e.g. customhead[tag].png) which will make the game select body sprites
with a matching tag (e.g. customtorso[tag].png) for the character
– some new head sprites
– pathfinding errors (which may be caused by missing or incorrectly placed waypoints in custom subs)
don’t cause the debug console to pop up
– added missing music clips to the Linux build
– fixed oxygen distribution through vents not being calculated correctly
– fixed another bug that caused ”object reference not set to an instance of object” error messages
when starting a new round
– fulgurium batteries can be put in flashlights and sonars
– more powerful oxygen generators in vanilla subs (small rooms aren’t deathtraps anymore)
– fixed ”unable to load coelanth.png” error messages
– fixed non-matching content packages between the Linux and Windows versions
– fixed clients failing to select submarines in their “Submarines/Downloaded” folder
– fixed errors when updating the submarine list if the host is has selected the “play yourself” option
– fixed the ”queue empty” error messages when attempting to download a sub from the server
– changes to connection panel layout: less wire overlap, making it easier to select individual wires
– fixed missions not appearing in single player
– clients see the submarines the host has instead of their own subs in the server lobby
– clients can vote for subs they don’t have
– servers check whether all the clients have the selected submarine file before starting a round, and if not,
give them some time to start downloading it
– item sprites are visible in fabricator menus
– some new wall sprites
– fixed small walls being impossible to fix after they’ve broken
– ruin walls look slightly different from normal walls on sonar
– cargo is placed at the cargo spawnpoint instead of a random position within the hull it’s inside
– fixed light emitted by flares not disappearing after the flare burns out
– flares won’t stop burning if picked up and placed in the inventory
– minor changes to the lighting – small lights aren’t ”skewed”
– fixed the ”CastShadows” parameter of light components not being saved
– fixed fires using up all the sound channels and preventing other sounds from playing
– fixed the ”blood overlay” still being visible when starting a new round or switching characters
– fixed fractal guardians occasionally killing themselves by slamming against the walls
– enemies use pathfinding inside the submarine
– alien ruins and some special monsters/items that only spawn inside them
– improved lighting
– flashlights and flares
– depth charges
– items can be moved from the inventory to cabinets/containers by double clicking
– option to choose mission type in multiplayer
– fixed crashes when using medical syringes in multiplayer
– fixed characters occasionally ”exploding” or being launched to a random direction when
entering/exiting the sub
– fixed long map seeds always generating the same map
– fixed item loading issues when playing the game on a PC using the Turkish locale (and most likely some
other locales with special uppercase/lowercase rules)
– stun syncing bugfix
– fixed dead/unconscious characters being impossible to select in the info menu
– fixed crashes when detonating nitroglyserine by injecting it
– oxygen level deteriorates more slowly when unconscious
– instructions for dealing with broken junction boxes in the tutorial
– fire doesn’t affect items in characters’ inventories (e.g. holding a thermal artifact won’t blow up
oxygen tanks in your inventory)
– handheld sonars only consume power when they’re on
– cargo missions are more common
– fix for endworms (and possibly other large monsters) teleporting partially inside the sub
– some more chemicals/drugs
– doctor’s clothes have some extra slots for chemicals
– radio messages are visible to spectators
– added a bunch of handheld sonars to the vanilla subs
– junction boxes take more time to break in water
– moved the junction boxes inside Nehalennia’s ballast tanks to a drier location
– medical doctors (can fabricate various drugs/chemicals and give CPR to unconscious characters)
– changes to the dying logic: characters will be unconscious when their health or oxygen goes below 0,
and die when it drops to -100
– medical syringes can be used on other characters
– any chemicals can be inserted in medical syringes
– handheld sonars
– crates, small medical/chemical cabinets
– junction boxes, sonar monitors, navigation terminals and engines break if they’re underwater long enough
– reactor cools down if it’s underwater (multiple fuel rods are required to bring the temperature back up)
– forces are applied to items (not just characters) when the submarine hits something
– changes to the logic for distributing oxygen through vents: the oxygen generator pushes more oxygen
to larger rooms instead of dividing the oxygen output equally between vents
– autopilot bugfixes
– the amount of oxygen/battery left is visible in the inventory slot of the ”parent item”
– new inventory slot for masks, headsets, etc
– fixed ”signal loops” crashing the game
– OR gates work properly now
– AND/OR gates can be set to send out a signal when the input conditions aren’t met
– fabricating items may require some specific skill levels
– a bunch of new sprites
– fixed a bug that caused the server to resend a ton of messages to a client who’s been temporarily
disconnected, causing syncing issues to every player
– fixed syncing issues related to items breaking (eg junction boxes being broken only for some players)
– fixed dead monsters occasionally ”teleporting” inside the sub in multiplayer
– fixed missions not matching between Linux and Windows builds
– fixed traitor messages reappearing at the start of a new round after disabling traitors
– mid-round chat messages have a limited range
– players are equipped with a headset which can be used for remote communication (and making
– speech bubble icon is displayed next to the character when speaking in multiplayer
– level generation improvements: small cave systems, more vegetation, more varied layouts
– option to spawn characters/monsters near, inside or outside the sub
– cargo missions
– borderless windowed mode (aka fake fullscreen)
– option to enable some additional debug logging (by setting ”verboselogging” to true in the config file)
– a menu that shows the mission description mid-round
– game settings can be changed mid-round
– submarine descriptions
– fixed characters getting stuck inside a wall when trying to get inside the sub through a hole
– bunch of crew AI improvements and bugfixes: they are now much better at keeping themselves alive and
– crew AI can be toggled on and off using “DisableCrewAi” and “EnableCrewAi” commands
– fixed crashing when switching from wiring mode to character mode
– inventory is visible in wiring mode
– several wiring bugfixes
– emergency sirens and alarm buzzers
– fixed light components throwing errors when receiving an invalid color value to the “set_color” input
– fixed bright lights making it impossible to see whether a light component is on or off
– relay components break if too much power is directed through them
– relay components are active by default and they can be toggled on/off in the editor
– wires can be created in fabricators
– label text color can be changed
– boolean (true/false) properties are displayed as checkboxes in the editor
– fixed unclickable buttons/checkboxes in the launcher
– fixed battery cells not reloading when placed inside a battery
– items float and can be moved around by flowing water
– wiring mode which makes wiring more convenient in the editor
– networking bugfixes and improvements
– changes to the logic that determines how far the monsters can see/hear the submarine from – now it’s
possible to evade some monsters by turning off noisy devices and/or stopping the submarine
– invisible entities (items inside cabinets, hulls/gaps when they’ve been hidden) can’t be highlighted
or selected in the editor
– fixed monster/item spawnpoints being placed in unreachable locations
– relay and delay components
– fixed lights not being positioned correctly on moving items
– added a ”set_color” connection to light components
– ladders outside the sub can be climbed
– changes to drowning/suffocation logic: amount of oxygen drops at a fixed rate instead of effects
“stacking” (e.g. when wearing a diving suit with no oxygen tank in a room with low oxygen)
– fixed projectiles not colliding with the submarine when shot from the outside
– fixed characters passing through walls/windows that have already been repaired
– fixed the spawn command in Linux version
– fixed clients being able to join servers with the wrong password
– fixed a major bug in the networking code, which caused the server to incorrectly determine the order
of messages received from different clients and discard valid messages
– fixed levels with the same seed appearing different between the Linux and Windows versions
– creatures spawned using the console are synced with clients
– password prompt for password-protected private servers
– holes in the walls can be seen through
– bleeding gradually slows down – making an enemy bleed isn’t a guaranteed kill anymore
– mantises don’t bleed
– fixed crashing when swapping some specific equipped items with another item in the inventory
– fixed deconstructor, fabricator and railgun connection panels closing immediately after opening
– missing submarine files can be downloaded from the server host
– player syncing bugfixes (aiming is visible to other players, smoother movement in water)
– creature syncing bugfixes (less teleporting around)
– fixed the server lobby displaying wrong numbers of votes at the client’s side
– fixed the server list displaying 16/16 players as 0/16
– saving server settings
– skyholder artifacts consume oxygen
– thermal artifacts catch fire even if they’re not being held
– placed items/structures can be resized in the editor
– items in the inventory can be swapped between slots by dragging them on top of each other
– cyrillic character support
– slower underwater scooters
– fixed pressure building up in enclosed rooms full of water, even if there were no hull breaches
– an indicator which shows the direction of the sub when spectating
– fixed crashing when loading a submarine with no hulls
– fixed the chatbox obstructing other player’s inventory when grabbing/dragging a character
– fixed characters randomly letting go of bodies they’re dragging
– the keybinds configured in the options menu are used when moving the camera as a spectator
– more visible indicators when taking damage, running out of oxygen or being crushed by pressure
– changes in the welding/cutting targeting logic: it’s now possible to target “corners” of the hull
even if the section of the wall is obstructed by adjacent walls
– fixed submarines spawning in a wrong position (e.g. inside walls) if the submarine has been built
far away from the coordinates (0,0)
– fixed a memory leak caused by item sprites
– character/inventory syncing bugfixes
– fixed spectators not seeing their own chat messages
– scrollable list of clients in the network statistics view
– small changes to the vanilla subs
– fixed the water brightness in Linux version
– fixed the broken password box
– maximum number of players per server increased to 16 (note that none of the vanilla subs have been
designed for a crew that large)
– junction boxes and power sources can be connected with multiple parallel wires without multiplying
the power output
– velocity and depth readings on navigation terminals
– location types and missions are included in content packages
– fixed null reference exception when starting a client
– fixed crashing when highlighting a dead husk
– fixed the unclickable checkboxes in server settings
– sending messages to specific players using ”d; [message]” and ”name; [message]” (messages can be
sent to players with spaces in their names now)
– more descriptive log messages when taking items from cabinets or other players
– fixed characters dropping items when a spectator joins
– fixed any selected textbox in the server lobby accepting keyboard input after a round starts
– praise the honkmother
– clearing the server log after saving!
– saving the log after every round (even if it isn’t full)
– fixed words missing from chat messages
– the server log UI doesn’t scroll to the bottom when new lines appear, making it easier to read it during
– server logs
– server admins have the option to send messages only to dead players and spectators (/d [message]) or
to one specific player (/name [message])
– more reliable door syncing
– railgun syncing bugfixes
– longer view distance when outside
– deattaching items takes some time
– welders and cutters do damage to players/enemies again
– a new enemy
– molochs can do damage to players
– fixed projectiles/weapons not colliding with characters
– fixed items ”floating” in some of the custom subs
– fuel rods can’t be turned back to uranium/incendium bars if they’ve been used
– round end votes can be toggled off
– less confusing way of displaying the number of votes (yes/no instead of yes/number of voters)
– players can vote to end a round in multiplayer
– fixed fabricator syncing
– fixed hulls being invisible in the editor
– spectators can only speak to dead players
– minor changes to the map generation algorithm: there’s now more variety in the cavern shapes
– added a new type of railgun shell
– diving suits wont protect from the water pressure in the abyss anymore
– added some spare buttons to Vellamo
– fixed a major bug that caused item/monster ID mismatches between the server and the clients, which
accounted for many of the monster/inventory/item syncing issues
– improved player position syncing
– batteries have separate power_in and power_out connections, which allows recharging and powering devices
simultaneously and using separate recharge circuits
– using supercapacitors as a substitute for batteries now longer works: they have a very low energy storage
capacity and are only suitable for providing short high-energy power surges
– improved connection panel graphics
– fixed a bug that caused the submarine to swoop to a random direction when a character enters it
– fixed crashed caused by EntityGrid.GetEntites()
– fixed autopilot crashing the game
– fixed reactor not catching fire when going above the configured ”fire temperature”
– fixed a duplicate “Play yourself” checkbox appearing in the lobby screen after rounds
– submarine editor can be used without the console now
– autopilot can be set to maintain the current position of the sub
– monster syncing bugfixes
– ladder syncing bugfixes
– fixed server randomly stunning the players
– fixed “submarine not found” errors which occurred in multiplayer if the filename didn’t match the
name of the submarine
– fixed new structures not lining up with existing ones if switching to editor while a round is running
– fixed a bug in shadow rendering which caused memory leaks
– the autoupdater only checks the Content folder when deleting files that don’t belong to the latest version
(i.e. the autoupdater won’t delete your mods as long as they aren’t saved in the Content folder)
– molochs and endworms are immune to bleeding!
– fixed selecting stairs and items outside the sub in editor
– fixed crashing when pressing the ”start” button while no route is chosen in single player
– fixed fire syncing
– fixed another bug that crashed the game if in the lobby when a round ends
– camera keeps moving with the sub when typing into chatbox in spectator mode
– fixed crashing when picking up a thermal artifact outside the sub
– fixed clients crashing if in the lobby when a round ends
– fixed crashing when attempting to join a password-protected server
– camera position is set at the position of the sub when entering spectator mode
– AI crew equips a diving suit before going outside the sub
– fixed inventory not being visible when using character mode in the editor
– adding hulls and gaps works properly when switching to editor after a round has been started
– fixed item selecting when switching to character mode after a round has been started
– fixed a bug that made it impossible to fix broken walls after saving and reloading
– fixed crashing when trying to place ladders when no submarine has been loaded
– trying to generate waypoints for an empty sub won’t crash the game anymore
– when opening the crew commander menu for the first time, there’s a text notifying about the hotkey for
opening/closing the menu
– a summary screen which shows some details about the previous round
– no separate traitor mode: they can be enabled for any game mode
– an option to randomize whether there is a traitor or not
– larger chatbox
– a ton of syncing bugfixes and optimization
– fabricators, which can be used for crafting items out of raw materials or other items
– deconstructors, which break items down to their basic components/materials
– a bunch of new sprites
– there are some artifacts scattered around every level regardless of the quest, and they can be collected
and used as a source of useful raw materials for the fabricator
– added hatches (which are basically doors rotated by 90 degrees)
– characters can’t get stuck inside doors anymore
– stairs are easier to climb (less tripping down!)
– navigation terminals have a ”default ballast level” setting which determines how much water there
should be in the ballast tanks when not steering in any direction
– ladders can be climbed with a diving suit on, just very slowly
– ladder climbing animation now works properly even when holding an item
– items have a short description which can be read by hovering the mouse over the inventory slots
– if the reactor is connected to multiple junction boxes, automatic temperature control will adjust
the power output to the highest load instead of the sum of the loads
– reactor state is saved (it will stay running when between levels)
– using a stun baton while running won’t make the character trip anymore
– a new sub, Nehalennia
– the collider of the submarine now matches the shape of the hull
– the airlock pumps in each sub are set to pump water out instead of just turning the pump on when pressing
the button outside the airlock
– items/structures are sorted by category in alphabetical order
– tickboxes for hiding hulls, gaps, waypoints and links between items
– a list of the most recently used items/structures
– placed wires are much easier to move around
– more accurate staircase selecting (the ”bounding box” of the staircase won’t prevent selecting items that
are behind it anymore)
– visible indicators for railgun rotation limits
– the crew members not controlled by the player now have an AI: they can take orders, do some basic tasks
and avoid various hazards
– fixed equipped items disappearing when loading the game
– bodies can be dragged up stairs
– two new monsters
– improved UI graphics
– better looking cavern walls
– major optimization to light/shadow rendering
– some new quests (which are now called ”missions”)
– added missing stunbaton sound file
– fixed a bug that caused characters to take bleeding damage for no apparent reason
– fixed autopilot not working when changing the map seed
– major changes to the networking code: better lag compensation, more reliable item/character
syncing, lower bandwidth consumption
– spectator mode
– overloading the electrical grid or the reactor may cause fires
– blood texture drawn on damaged limbs
– fixed limbs clipping through walls
– some new head sprites
– underwater scooters
– water detector
– jumpsuits for engineers and mechanics
– new artifact with an effect that makes retrieving it much harder
– less obtrusive ”fow effect” when wearing a diving suit or a mask
– fire extinguishers
– some new sprites
– fixed placing ladders and labels in sub editor
– fixed a couple of game-crashing bugs in submarine saving
– option to randomly select level seed, submarine and/or game mode
– players can be allowed to vote for the next sub and game mode
– option to choose character’s head
– pressure damage if the submarine dives too deep
– added the missing mechanic spawnpoint missing to Aegir
– a new enemy that only spawns deep below the level
– diving suits and mask now obstruct vision when worn
– nicer looking sonar monitor
– the levels aren’t just enclosed tunnels anymore and it’s possible to dive much deeper
– settings menu
– better UI scaling on small resolutions
– fixed items occasionally disappearing from inventory after loading in single player
– fixed rewiring not working in the editor
– fixed a game-crashing projectile bug
– fixed invincible NPCs
– the target in traitor mode is properly randomized and the host can be selected as a traitor/target
– the “fix list” when repairing items is synced between clients, so the reactor can actually be fixed now
– more networking optimization
– bans can be removed by using a button under the player list, not just by editing the bannedplayers.xml file
– wires are removed from connection panels when they’re deleted in the editor
– doors can be rewired from either side
– the rewire screen can be deselect by pressing E
– sonar won’t work anymore if the power wire is removed
– stun batons can’t be double wielded or used for fast underwater movement
– some particles floating in the water, which make it easier to see if the sub is moving just by
looking out of a window
– fixed a bug which may have crashed the game if a character spawned on a platform or stairs
– more reliable NPC position syncing
– more reliable method of handling players dying in multiplayer, there should now be less cases of
the server killing players who have equipped a diving suit or switched an oxygen tank just in time for example
– the “you have died” message in multiplayer now also tells your cause of death
– fixed incorrectly placed waypoints in Aegir
– fixed some broken items in Aegir Mark II which caused inventories to get messed up
– fixed the gap at observation deck which vents water out from the lower level of the room
– major changes to the way the game handles sending reliable messages through UDP, should get rid of
the occasional massive lag spikes
– fixed multiple issues in inventory syncing
– fixed attachable items occasionally crashing the game
– players can be banned from servers
– fixed not being able to kick players while a round is running
– misc optimization
– screwdrivers and wrenches are used by left clicking now, so it’s possible to start rewiring a
button without activating it for example
– the inventory slots are “combined” when equipping an item that takes up more than one slot
– door shadows aren’t visible if the door is open when loading a map
– fixed projectiles crashing the game if they’re stuck to a wall while a hole appears on it
– wrenches can be used as an ineffective melee weapon
– another minimap and a sonar monitor at the “observation deck” on Aegir
– changed one of the cabins to a holding cell on Aegir
– fixed a bug in UI listboxes that may have caused crashes in the server list screen
– network statistics view which can be enabled by opening the debug console (F3) and entering “netstats”
(only works if you’re running a server)
– updated to latest version of Lidgren networking library, which may or may not have an effect
on the chat lag issues
– fixed some game-crashing bugs related to detaching and attaching items (such as buttons)
– railgun shells can be bought in single player
– more tools, diving suits and misc supplies in both default subs
– fixed Moloch spawning inside the level in the tutorial
– the launcher shows an error message instead of crashing if it can’t connect to the update server
– fixed a bug that crashed the game after successfully retrieving an artifact in quest mode
– fixed client not disconnecting when going back to the main menu
– fixed a bug that caused some map seeds to throw an error
– players can be kicked out of the server by selecting them in the player list, not just through
the debug console
– all wires can be used for electrical repairs, not just ones named ”Wire”
– broken doors can only be fixed by mechanics
– fixed a bug that sometimes made it impossible to pick/select items after reattaching them on a wall
– wires are disconnected and dropped if the item at either end is removed
– major optimization and much better lag compensation
– tons of bugfixes that should fix most of the syncing issues
– admins can play on their own server without launching another instance of the game
– setting the job preferences actually does something now
– reconnecting to a server if the connection is temporarily lost works much better now
– proper error messages if UPnP port forwarding fails
– security guard gear: ballistic vest, helmet & stun baton
– wifi components that can be used for transmitting signals between devices
– wall labels with a configurable text
– a bunch of new sprites and sounds
– wearing a diving suit slows the characters down
– attempting to fire the railgun when there are no shells loaded doesn’t consume power anymore
– improved version of Aegir
– a new submarine, “Vellamo”
– nuclear reactors overheat much more slowly and there are warning signals for overheating and a remote
shutdown button in both of the default subs
– ambient sounds change according to the speed of the sub
– fixed parts of the submarine getting stuck in the level on collision
– the autopilot is a much better driver now (although it may still crash at very tight spots)
– aiming underwater is much easier
– improved humanoid animations
– stunned/dead characters can be dragged
– all characters can now use plasma cutters and welders regardless of their skills, but insufficient
skill level will make them flicker and work much less efficiently
– same for the harpoon gun, anyone can shoot but lower levels will make the gun less accurate
– rewiring devices may cause electric shocks if the electrical engineering level is too low
– some random “prop fish” swimming in the background
– a new hostile creature
– a tutorial going through all the basic tasks and game mechanics (more in-depth tutorials will be
added in future versions, including one for making custom subs)
– an auto-updater in the launcher
– the game generates a detailed report if it crashes
– physics optimization (i.e. using simplified physics & animation for off-screen characters and
disabling them entirely if they’re far enough)
– lighting optimization (caching the lights/shadows if a light source hasn’t moved instead of
recalculating them every frame)
– two new background music tracks
– better looking explosions
– better looking water particle effects
– minor UI improvements
– better UI scaling on different resolutions
– health/oxygen bar improvements and status icons for bleeding and water pressure
– gap-hull connections are visible in the sub editor
– pumps don’t have to be manually connected to a hull in the editor anymore, they automatically
empty/fill the hull they’re inside
– some major opimization to networked messages (less lag)
– option to disable UPnP port forwarding (which may have prevented some from hosting a server)
– a new round can’t be started if a submarine hasn’t been selected (which used to crash the game)
– maximum number of players can be changed
– fixed a bug in the net lobby screen that disabled the start button when the chat box was scrolled
to a specific position
– a window that displays some network statistics when hosting a server (can be activated by entering
“debugview” to the debug console)
– chat messages are sent reliably
– fixed master server connection errors in server list screen
– fixed a bug that caused other characters to get “stuck” to the railgun controller, causing them
to fly back to it as they try to move away
– putting items inside other items works properly now (i.e. by pulling a spear to the same slot as
a harpoon, not the other way around)
– C4 blocks loaded inside a railgun shell won’t explode inside the submarine when firing the railgun
– fixed another game-crashing railgun bug
– fixed a bug that caused characters to spawn with an incorrect number of items
– a “lobby screen” showing a list of servers that are currently running
– password protected servers
– traitor rounds end when the traitor dies/disconnects or if the submarine reaches the end of the level
– fixed the crashing when firing the railgun or activating a detonator
– optimized lightning and “line of sight” rendering
– an unfinished tutorial which can currently only be accessed by entering “tutorial” into the
– player names are shown
– assigning jobs and selecting job preferences works now (jobs are assigned when the round starts)
– a menu that shows the crew members and their jobs and skills
– reduced lag spikes
– fixed a bug that caused disconnected players to stay in the player list
– server admin can see which player is the traitor
– plasma cutter / welding tool bugfixes and some light & sound effects
– stun grenades, detonators and c4 blocks work now
– captain’s uniform
– items can be placed inside railgun shells (explosives for example)
– buttons can be attached and detached
– on-screen message when trying to use a button without the right ID card
– wire sprites don’t overlap and “flicker” on top of each other anymore
– trying to set the color of a lightcomponent to an invalid value doesn’t crash the game anymore
– some signs on the walls of Aegir to make navigation a bit easier
– moved the railgun and changed the rotation limits to increase it’s area of effect while preventing
shooting at the windows
– fixed waypoint selection bug in submarine editor
– the “.gz” extension is automatically added when saving a map
– decreased fall/impact damage
– dead characters can be looted